Master CraftsMon

Monday, November 28, 2005

Afternoon Musica Came and Went

I got to the station today and got ready for my classic rock show at 1232 CST. I pulled some vinyl records from some egg crates we have at KEOS. I only chose songs I had heard before, except for group called Roxy Music. I ran across their album last week. Somehow or another they fill in the background better than most rock groups do. I'd never heard of the band before. Doesn't matter. Here is the play list for today.

Artist (Track)
Olivia Newton-John (Suddenly)
Shanana (Yakety Yak)
Ray Lynch (Rhythm of the Pews)
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band (Night Moves)
"Weird Al" Yankovic Stuck in a Closet(With Vanna White)
REO Speedwagon (Don't Let Him Go)
Roxy Music (Avalon)
Bill Joel (My Life)
Seals&Crofts (Summer Breeze)
Cyndi Lauper (All through the Night)
Wings (Lady Maddona)
Shandi (He's A Dream)
Boz Scaggs (Slow Dancer)
Olivia Newton-John (If Not For You)
Lionel Richie (Running With the Night)
Heart (These Dreams)
Kool&The Gang (Celebration)
Captain&Tennille (I Write The Songs)
Earth, Wind & Fire (Got to get you into My Life)
Eurhymics (Like a Ball&Chain)
Commodores (Three Times a Lady)
Ray Lynch (No Blue Thing)

Some of those aren't classic rock which is why I wish someone would take the 1400-1600 slot from me and do something with it. My cassette collection is very limited. Nope. No records. And only two or three CD's. I play the CD's on my computer. My cassette player is not very good. Ah, well, I am just doing Afternoon Musica, because no one else can.

KEOS is all volunteer and no one has volunteered. Sayyyy... would you be interested in a music radio show? I can give to you cheap... Really... Twelve visits to the station and you can have it... No?... Well, what about Wednesdays 1000-1200? Or Fridays 1000-1200? Damn! I was hoping someone would take these shows off my hands. 11pm is the only show I want to be doing.

One hour and counting until I have to leave for KEOS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home