Master CraftsMon

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Master CraftsMon - Aired Monday, January 2, 2006 at about 11pm CST - Segment 10

Master CraftsMon - Aired Monday, January 2, 2006 at about 11pm CST
Segment 10

Like I said, there were three songs that I kept from all those sing/songwriter albums. The following song I kept because I laughed really hard at the revealed secret. On the other hand, this is a REALLY controversial topic.

That was Eddie's First Wife by Gretchen Peters.

It doesn't address the topic I wanted to talk about, but it does hint at it. I mean the woman in the story is in essence moving from a straight marriage to a gay marriage. The problem I have with that is that I do not think gay marriage is possible in real life. The gay lifestyle encourages multiple partners. A gay marriage does not have a reasonable expectation that sexual fidelity will be part of the contract. Without that reasonable expectation that there will be sexual fidelity, the marriage cannot last, because you cannot trust your spouse to put your priorities on the same level as theirs.

From all the studies I have seen, sexual fidelity in a gay marriage cannot be expected after five years. I do not see the mechanics of a gay marriage going on after that in most cases. I admit that there are gay couples that have stayed committed to each other for their entire lives, but they are so rare that it is a thing of wonder in gay circles.

The big hassle I have with gay marriage is that it does not provide stability for society nor for raising children. Marriage should cause both partners to withdraw from the chaos of courting. That does not happen. Society is not served well by that event.

Then there is children. The children of gays who adopt face all the problems that children of single parent families face, because there are so many adults wandering through the household. Gay adoption was supposed to be a big selling point for gay marriage. It has not proved out real well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home