Master CraftsMon

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Two Days Before the Launch of Master CraftsMon

Yesterday was kind of long. I went up to KEOS from about 1pm and 7pm to hold down the fort for Friday afternoon. The regular host for Open Air Live has gotten a good job in Navasota, so I filled in with some Acoustic Music. I know, not really a genre, but that's the way it goes at KEOS. There's a yellow dot on the back of the CD's.

I redid the first page of my website and corrected some spelling errors in a few of the other pages. Being an engineer means you never have to learn how to spell. As they say at Little Green Footballs, Preview Is My Friend (PIMF). I will have to go through and update the website every day to keep people interested. No telling whether I can, because Sloth Is My Friend (SIMF) as well. Yet Sloth is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. I shall attempt to combat it.

Today is a rainy day in College Station. And kind of cold for these parts... I mean, it might be 60 out there.

I always wondered about the use of ellipses, '...'. I use them quite a bit in my novels, because people really talk that way. I mean, people pause before saying something as they gather their thoughts. They also pause to emphasize a point. They also express confusion.

I have been thinking I will cut up the script for the show on Monday into pieces, post the pieces as individual blog entries and invite comments and at the same time ask people to do research on the web. Too many people do not know how to mine the web for information. I'm going to be asking you to get educated in how the web actually works and how to use it to get the information you need to make an informed decision.

There are quite a few phrases I want to put into general usage. One of them is Party on, dude, I'll catch on the flip side. The short meaning is: "You're not being helpful." The long version of the meaning is "You're not being helpful in an emergency situation, so please continue doing what you're doing, while I try to fix the problem. If you die of your own stupidity, I shall shed no tears. If I can help you after the disaster has occurred, I will. Please stay out of the way while I do this." The Titanic was going down in 1912. People danced in the ballroom instead of trying to find the solution to the problem. There were not enough boats. Why couldn't someone, anyone said to those Irishmen in steerage, "Hey! We need something to float in the North Sea for three days. How do you do that?" Surely there were enough people to build containers and caulk them. I mean, there was a machine shop on the Titanic with tools and such. Surely they would have had something that could keep the water out of a container for three days. If worse came to worse, they could have bailed. Or something. What I am saying is that the people on the Titanic trusted in central control in an emergency situation and central control in form of the builders, officers and crew let them down. If something like I describe had been done, then when the Titanic flipped, there would have been MANY boats to take people out of the water. As it is, too many died through stupidity. But then again, that is 20/20 hindsight. At the time, too many people were lulled into complacency by their own way of looking at things.

We're in a crisis situation. Someone has to step forward with offer some type of solutions for the problems we have in this society. Too many people want to party on. We'll see whether you want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Shall we not?

That's another phrase that needs to be in general use: I'm part of the solution, not part of the problem. Not original to me, but it IS appropriate.

Ah, well. To work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home