Master CraftsMon

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Was It All A Waste of Time?

So I got up this morning. I was going to do some spring cleaning. I was going to take some of the audio files off my hard drive and burn some CD's. I listened to them and they are all distorted. I mean, the recording device I have recorded all these programs I have been doing... with too much distortion. I had not noticed.

November 28th program is distorted as well. Oh, damn. Ah, well... that is the way it goes. I am just going to have to work on that.

Oh, you don't know what I mean. Distortion is where the wave form of the sound is clipped. Not all the part of a word is recorded except as a buzz. It's pretty awful.

I got this digital recorder a while back and it seemed to do the job. I just had not looked at any of the files from recordings at KEOS in the the audio editor. Somehow or another all of the recordings are outside the ranges I need. Here is where it gets weird. The pilot was recorded using a microphone I bought for home use, those recordings are within correct parameters. I am most upset. Again, you live and learn. I am going to have to figure out how to record the program without distortion from the output of the station. I shall check that on Friday when I go into the station. I may just use the crappy microphone, if I cannot get the output from the station to work. I've done stranger things as a workaround in the past.

This is all rather crazy when you get right down to it.

I need to work on what I am going to say next week.

I still have not checked for comments on the other entries. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home