Master CraftsMon

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Master CraftsMon - Aired Monday, December 19, 2005 at about 11pm CST - Segment 7

Master CraftsMon - Aired Monday, December 19, 2005 at about 11pm CST
Segment 7

Tonight I am going over things that I have been thinking about. Since I am not getting any input from you out there, I am just going to state some of the solutions to social problems I have been working on. As time passes, I shall flesh them out.

You know there seems to be a large number of children who think they cannot make it in this country, so they drop out of high school without getting a degree. The thinking goes that since the child will have a crappy life, then why get a high school degree.

I think there should be a club for children who think their lives are hopeless. I came up with a name for the club, The Deprived. The idea is that the children in The Deprived volunteer to have a better life. I know, that sounds kind of strange, but the problem is that too many kids are just so screwed up in the head that they feel deprived of their birthright. I mean, in America each child should have a reasonable expectation that their lives will be better than their parents. What if the parents have dropped the ball?

Too many children are being raised in single parent families. Any sane person knows that children in a single parent family are in deep trouble. What if you could get the kids to believe that they ARE in trouble? What if you said that there was a way out, if they joined a club for people who ARE losers, but want to win? What if the club offered college scholarships to everyone who went through the program? Or alternatively offered scholarships to trade school?

I can see the posters to be put on the walls of the school.

Are you having a rotten life? Do you feel your future is a big dark pit? Is there no light at the end of the tunnel for you? Maybe you need to consider joining The Deprived.

The way I conceive of the club is for the children in high school to swear off promiscuous sex, drugs and alcohol. There would have to be some pretty hefty parties to make it seem worthwhile. There would have to be quite a few lectures and application of lectures on personal finance, job interviews and starting your own business. The goal of dating would change from having sex to getting ready for marriage.

Yeah, I know, it doesn't seem likely that someone would volunteer for such a regime. If it were sold right, then the kids would at least be given a chance of succeeding.

I don't know how to start this. There are so MANY clubs right for kids. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home