Master CraftsMon

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Open Thread for Discussing The Dark Prince

Master CraftsMon - Aired Monday, November 28, 2005 at about 11pm CST

This thread is for comments, questions and suggestions on my first novel, The Dark Prince. You can reference specific paragraphs in the novel by running your cursor over the paragraph in the novel. The paragraph number will appear in the Index slot.

You need to go and look at the Help Blurb to understand when I say that you can reference an individual paragraph. For instance, suppose you wanted to refer to paragraph 6139 in the book. You would put 6139 in the Index slot and up would pop:
Suarez said, "Thomas Jefferson once said, 'The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.' Not many Boy Scouts get to plant the Tree of Liberty. I wish I could get this to count as your Eagle Scout project, but I cannot. Life can be so unfair. You did a very good job. I am impressed. I know you have other things to do today, so I will not keep you."

Again, how many chapters in The Dark Prince? The answer is not obvious. Look at the top of the frame at paragraph 6139 and then look at the other Help Blurb. What is the chapter with paragraph 6139, again?

Oh, and the paragraph numbers may change from week to week. As I get comments and quibbles and spelling corrections, I shall revise and recompile the novel and put it out on the web. If I do revise something because you got me to do so, I will give you credit via a link or something. The paragraph 6139 may be different next week. We shall see, shall we not?

When I say recompile I mean that I have written all these chapters in KEDIT, which a derivative of XEDIT on VM. I use a KEXX macro to convert the text to HTML. I know, very primitive, but Sometimes the old ways are the best ways which is another saying I want people to say. Just because something is old does not mean that it is a bad idea, nor that the present methods are the best for you. I got that from a movie with Dirk Benedict in it. Question: Which movie was that? You can find it with the Internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home