Master CraftsMon

Sunday, November 27, 2005

W'GASA: A Joke

This is someone else's joke. Please search on the net and find the author and I will be happy to link to them.

A repair guy at an African theme park was about to go on vacation. He was rushing around trying to make sure everything was in order so he wouldn't come back from vacation with a lot of tasks to do. Or that some disaster would occur that would require him to cut short his vacation.

One of the suits from the front office cornered him and said smiling an insincere smile, "Frank, you haven't submitted your suggestion for the name for the new ride. We really need your input."

Frank looked at him like he was crazy and said, "Why in hell do you want my input? You haven't ever listened to me before. Why start now?" Then laughed trying to figure this out.

The suit said still smiling, "But, Frank, we're using this as our Total Quality Management project. Everyone has to participate for it to work."

Frank laughed again, "TQM? That's idiocy. That's one of the reasons I scheduled my vacation now, so I wouldn't have to sit through the lectures next week."

The suit said waving a sheet of paper, "Now, Frank, get with the program. Please put your suggestion on this sheet and you can go on your vacation." Frank blinked. Could this suit really mean that he wouldn't be allowed to go on his vacation until he filled out a piece of paper?

Frank looked at the suit angrily, then grabbed the sheet of paper and scrawled WGASA on the form and said, "There. Happy now?"

The suit said, "Frank, it is always a pleasure to have your input. I hope you enjoy your vacation."

So Frank went off on his two weeks vacation. He had a real good time. He and his wife and kids caught the Wrestling Mania tour and a NASCAR race and even got to shop at the Mall of America in Minnesota while visiting her relatives.

When Frank got back from his vacation, he did a walk through of the park to inventory any problems that had cropped up while he was gone. The new ride was up and running. The sign in nice, friendly letters said:
W'GASA

Frank laughed in incomprehension and went on about his business shaking his head.

Toward the end of the day, the same suit ran up and said, "Frank, just the man I wanted to see. Did you notice that we took your suggestion for the name of the new ride?" Frank nodded with an evil grin on his face. "Well, we were wondering what that means. W'GASA is such an appropriate sounding name. We checked around and could not find which one of the African languages you got that from. What does it mean?"

Frank said, "Look, that's silly. African language? Where would I have heard an African language? It's a NASA term. It means Who Gives A Shit Anyway."

I know. I'm not supposed to use profanity. I don't think the joke would have as much impact with 'Sh*t' in it. Could be mistaken. I invite you to make your case one way or another. I mean, my book, The Dark Prince, has way too much profanity. Should the blog associated with such a novel be so hypocritical as to ban such language?

Also, *DOES* NASA use the term W'GASA? I could be mistaken. I invite you to check it out.

By the way, do you know where the phrase, "nice, friendly letters", comes from? Don't you think there should be a font named NiceFriendlyLetters?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home