Master CraftsMon

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Pop Quiz: Is It Worth It to Kill Everyone and His Dog to Convince People That Yours is the One True Religion?

Master CraftsMon - Aired Monday, November 28, 2005 at about 11pm CST

On my first program I say:

Surely God does not care what religion you adhere to. If you choose to worship a certain aspect of God as a means to a quiet life, why is that a bad thing? I mean, to worship all aspects of God would in my opinion be a pretty silly thing to do, because God's kind of big. Mere mortals do not have a capability to worship all the aspects of God. Simply trying to do that would be a waste of the time that God has given to us on this earth. Even arguing as to whether God is a Male or a Female is kind of silly to me.

Do you agree or disagree?

I come at this question after looking into information coming from the Hubble Space Telescope. The Universe is kind of big. That's a joke, son. Why would a God Who has made such a big Universe care much about the form of your religion? Regardless of what you may have heard from the Bible or the Qu'ran or any religious book, I am at a loss as to why anyone would feel the need to kill their fellow man over whether we worship God in a certain way. All religious texts were made by people. God inspired them, but people over a huge number of years printed and distributed them. Just because a holy book says that a given religion is the One True Religion does not make it so by my standards. When I look up into a sky written by God and then look into a holy book written by a man, I have to ask myself which book I want to believe is more accurate. And I am not talking about astrology. I mean, a god that big cannot be so petty as to require that worship be done in the context of just ONE religion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home