Master CraftsMon

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Computer Crashed... Again

I keep having problems with Windows 98. I refuse to buy Windows 2K. Bill Gates is not the devil (I know that is a massive surprise to some of you), but his software is never bulletproof. I went to make a post last night and Windows 98 locked up. Too bad so sad.

I went to the Management Team meeting at KEOS at 7pm last night. I wanted to drop off the last month of The Weather Notebook and test my digital recorder using another feed from the station. The Management Team meeting was long as usual. The program "Radio Nation" has gone under as has "Weather Notebook". I agreed to start downloading the weekly "Progressive Radio" program and burning the CD's for it. The lack of programmers may be coming to an end, but I surely will not believe it until I see someone come in and take over one of the shows or operations shifts I am doing.

I recorded part of the program from 7-9pm last night. I got up this morning and discovered after I loaded the file from the digital recorder that the recording was distorted. I'm going to try to get a cable from Radio Shack today. We shall see whether that will work. There is an output from the station that we are supposed to use to record the signal that I resisted using because it seemed too much trouble. Now I need to try it. It has a RF connection. If that does not work, I will simply use the microphone I used for the pilot. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home