Master CraftsMon

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Master CraftsMon - Aired Monday, January 9, 2006 at about 11pm CST - Segment 4

Master CraftsMon - Aired Monday, January 9, 2006 at about 11pm CST
Segment 4

Here's another song.

That was Dreams by Van Halen.

When I started out on this project lo these many moons ago, I dreamed I could rally people to do something. It turns out that I was mistaken. It was a stupid idea, but I had to at least try it this way.

Now, here's where it gets interesting. People assume, have always assumed that when I bitch about some or moan about something, that I am in pain or depressed or care much about the outcome. The truth is that I don't much care about anything. Somewhere along the line, I lost track of what I wanted to do on this program.

Until today... it came to me that I have to get out front and lead. Well, I did not want to lead. I wanted some people to come help me whitewash this damned fence. No one has. Unlike Tom Sawyer, I do not have many friends, so it was a bad idea from the beginning.

However... I decided today that I would have to ask some people to help me outside this program. Then maybe I can get something done.

Oh, I want to tell you this funny story. I came into the station last week and there was this guy here and he smelled of marijuana. At least I thought it was, I do not smoke marihuana, so I cannot say for sure. Anyway. He says, "Oh, wow, guy, you have a fantastic radio voice." I wanted to say, "Oh, wow, dude, what have you been smoking.", but I already knew that so it was a stupid question. The reason I say that is that I don't think I'm that good on the radio. But I've got to start doing something.

The project I have decided to start in on is the Hiring Hall Association. No one has heard of it yet, so you are in the majority. The goal of the project is to cause people to volunteer to get out of poverty.

I know, I know, accepted wisdom is that poverty is a social construct and individuals are powerless to escape from poverty.

I don't believe that. Poverty is an individual vice. People are poor because they limit themselves in looking for a solution. The quickest way out of poverty is: You get married, you stay married, you get a job, any job, you learn how to arrive on time, have a positive attitude and take instructions. You find another, better paying job and move up. You do this for five years, you and your spouse have a combined salary of $30K. You're in the middle class.

The whole point of the hiring hall association is to allow people a structured environment to better themselves. I start this Wednesday on that project. We shall see what happens. I have put a description of the project out on my blog. Look at it if you dare. I sure wish someone would help me whitewash this fence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home