Master CraftsMon

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Pop Quiz: Is America The Best Country on the Face of the Earth?

Master CraftsMon - Aired Monday, November 28, 2005 at about 11pm CST

When I said in my program:

America is the only country on earth where we have gotten people of various religions, races and national origins to work together without physically fighting all the time. America is the best country on the face of the earth right now. We have problems. We have sins. We have done evil. To me, the good America has done outweighs the bad. Before America arrived on the scene, most countries had a rich 1% and the rest of the people were in abject poverty many people dying of starvation each year. Most people, at that time, had an average life expectance of 40. We have through our innovation, hard work and charity relieved the suffering of billions of people.

Why is that such an offensive thing to say? Do people like Dr. Norman Borlaug represent America or David Duke? Or both? As I said, we have done evil, but... the good outweighs the bad, by my standards.

Ah, you have heard of David Duke, but Norman Borlaug... nah... no one has heard of him. Look him up in Wikipedia. Arguably Norman Borlaug has saved the lives of hundreds of millions of people who would have died of starvation. He lives here in Bryan/College Station. I haven't met him. I would like to. I have friends who know him. He is said to be a quiet, humble man.

The media spends too much time covering the likes of David Duke and not enough time highlighting people like Norman Borlaug. Read his article in Wikipedia. See if you do not agree.

Again, results count. America is an experiment. So far our way of doing things is better than any in the past. Or so I believe. If you disagree, then prove me wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home