Master CraftsMon

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Another Dreary Wednesday

I woke up feeling okay. I was surprised. I incorporated the weather report into the script for Music in the Morning, then messed around until I had to go up to the station.

I had a fight with a vender about how many ink cartridges for my Epson C-60 were sent in the package with my order. I said there were five in the package. They were not sure. I reported them to Yahoo! They sent the last cartridge by overnight UPS. UPS called me this morning asking me what address to deliver to, because they do not deliver to P.O. boxes. I gave them my address.

I was surprised that it only took 15 minutes to get up to KEOS. The temperature is higher than I expected. I mean, last week it was down to freezing and now it's in the high 60's.

I went back and pulled the World Café and Alternative Radio VHS tapes from the VCR's where they had been recorded. I loaded Making Contact and some other show. Rewinding all those tapes is always a problem. Getting the frequency right and making sure that the VCR is turned off so that it can record. No, I'm making it that up. To record, you have to turn off the VCR, the VHS tape has to be rewound and the satellite has to be at the correct frequency. Not a hard task, but seems to be for some people. We haven't figured out why.

I cued up World Café in the VCR in the studio. While I was doing that the engineer called to ask why the signal had died. I looked. Needles flat. Buttons correct. Blue light on. Slider in correct position. It was working before, why not now. I told him I had been in the back a few minutes before and no problem that I could see. What did he want me to do? The signal came back on. Why? Don't know.

I finished cuing up World Café, did the top of the hour Legal ID for 9am and switched on Democracy Now! Damn, those people at Democracy Now! are mad about things. It's a wonder that they don't lose commentators all the time from high blood pressure.

Every morning I am on during Democracy Now!, I do a plea for volunteers at the 20 after break. The 20 after break on Democracy Now! can be anywhere in the 18-30 after period, so I have to listen to their drivel for a bit. I do the plea because Democracy Now! is one of the most listened to programs on KEOS.

At 10am, I started Music in the Morning. The playlist for this two hours is:
Artist or Band[Song]Name of CD
Bonnie Carol[The Wild Geese]Celtic Caribe
Parthenia XII[I Will Find You]Celtic Chants:The Chant of Sarum
Emerald Rose[Come to the Dance]Archives of the Age to Come
Claire Hamilton[Come Back to Erin]The Magic of the Celtic Harp: Celtic Women
The Celtic Bells[Joy Dawned Again]Ladies of Ireland
Bonnie Carol[The Cuckoo]Fingerdances for the Dulcimer
Flogging Molly[Whistles the Wind]Within a Mile of Home
Cherish the Ladies[Sweet Thames Flow Softly]Woman of the House
Serious Kitchen[Bowland Bridge]Tig
John McCusker[Shake a Leg]Goodnight Ginger
The Muses[Band O'Shearers]Tramps&Hawkers
The Churn[Congress Reel]Big Buttah
Bonnie Carol[Spring in the Valley]Laughing Willow
Bridget Fizgerald[Bheir Mi O`]Celtic Roads
Joanie Madden[The Immigrant]Celtic Planet
Alasdair Fraser/Paul Machlis[Calliope House/The Cowboy Jig]Celtic Odyssey
Headhunters[Phoenix]Celtic Voyager
West of Eden[The Piece of Earth]Celtic Lives, Tales of Pride
Nolliag Casey[Causeway]Spirit of the Music
Kornag[Ton Bale Mur Ha Dans]Green Linet: 25 Years of Celtic Music
Wendy MacIsaac[Dr. Shaw Medley]New Celtic Dimensions
Martin Mulvhill[Lovely Lough Sheelin]The Music of Ed Reavy
Rod Paterson[Parcel of Rogues in a Nation]The King Has Landed: Songs of the Jacobite Risings
Allan MacDonald[Glengarry's March]Ceol Na Pioba
Golden Bough[Song of the Swan Maiden]Festival of Irish Music

I was upset with Glengarry's March. It was a bagpipe piece that went on and on and on with almost no variations. I needed something that length to bring me up to play A Moment in Time. I screwed up there by closing the show before playing A Moment in Time. It meant that I could not do a Forward Promotion at the top of the hour.

Ah, well, I pushed play on the VCR and World Café started. I gave it a minute, then switched to BBC news, then back to World Café. I put away all the CD's I had used and went back to my apartment. The rain had come and gone.

I ate lunch and took a nap.

Then I messed around reading the political blogs and on-line newspapers all evening. Now I have the energy to do the data entry for the playlist.

I have two other projects I should do tonight. One is type up the minutes of the Kiwanis Board meeting on Tuesday, then type up a letter of recommendation for one of the former presidents of Kiwanis. Don't want to do either.

The UPS guy showed up with the cartridge. Great.

I have over 100 sheets of bonded paper measuring about 10"X22". I found it in the trash over at A&M once. I cannot load it in my printer. It suddenly dawned on me that I could make jewel case inserts with it. I bought a sheet of glossy paper from Kinko's last night. I had paid out $1.61 before it sunk in that I was buying a piece of paper for over a dollar a sheet. Boy, was that stupid. I think I will go over to Kinko's and cut some of the bonded paper in half. Jewel case inserts are 4 3/4" wide. I can use this stuff to print up the weekly Progressive Radio insert. Regular paper is not stiff enough. Ah, well, we shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home