Master CraftsMon

Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Long Saturday

The day started too early. I had to attend the Kiwanis Fruit Sale distribution. I couldn't see how I could get out of it. It was not as cold at 7:30am over at Bryan Iron&Metal. This other guy got a forklift and moved all the boxes of fruit from a warehouse to close to the gate. No problem. The people from CKI showed up almost immediately. The Kiwanians who had sold fruit started arriving at 8am. As each showed up, we loaded up their cars or trucks. Or rather the college kids did all the work and I watched.

By 10am all but two pallets were empty. We closed up shop and my friend got in the forklift to move the pallets to the warehouse. No luck. The forklift wouldn't work. He got out his tools. No luck. He borrowed my knife and messed with the battery connecter. No luck. We used a dolly to move the last few boxes to the warehouse. My friend tried one more time and the forklift, of course, fired up. He was able to move it to where it was supposed to be.

I got back to may apartment about 11am to have lunch with my sister. She and her husband had driven up from the Woodlands. I was a bit late, because of the forklift, but not too late. We went over to the Golden Corral. The food was great. My sister and her husband are on this massive weight reduction kick. They have lost about 60 pounds a piece. The have about another 40 or 50 more to go. It's all in changing your diet and exercising which is what they have been doing. My sister expects to be at her "correct" weight by Spring, 2006.

They left about 2pm. I didn't get much sleep, so I laid down and waited for 4pm, when I had to go up to KEOS to do an hour Ops shift, i.e. put Earthsongs and Alternative Radio on the air. When I got there, I relieved the operator who'd been there since noon and signed in. I made sure Alternative Radio was cued on the VCR. Then I went and loaded World Café for the satellite feed on Monday night. I didn't need to do that, but I wanted to make sure it got done.

I reviewed an album by Ray Herndon, Livin' The Dream. I review mostly singer/songwriter albums that no one else in the station wants to listen to. If they sit on the shelf for a year, I pick them up and review them for FCC violations. This one was especially good. I was impressed enough to go out to his web site and complement him on the album. I had never done that before. Most singer/songwriter albums are whiny egotistical self praise projects. Livin' The Dream is the exception.

One of the other volunteers came by wanting some water for his "special needs" car. He also wanted to talk for about 2 hours, at least that is what I surmised. I was not good with that, so I didn't rise to his baited breath. I gave the Legal ID and put on Alternative Radio and went on home.

I've been messing around all night. I will have to write the script for Monday's Master CraftsMon tomorrow. It looks to be a waste of time, but one must always assume that... it's a good idea. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home