Master CraftsMon

Monday, December 05, 2005

Long Day

I got up at 6am to complete the script for the Master CraftsMon. I am not pleased with the outcome, but will have to go with it. Note to kids: "Procrastination is a bad idea. Learn from my mistake, do not make it yourself." I really should have worked on this script last week. Ah, well, it is as it is.

I went to the Republican Club meeting at noon over at the Hilton. The two candidates for Congressional District 17 were the speakers. Tucker Anderson was enthusiastic and personable. Van was very serious. I sat at the table with both candidates. I spoke to Tucker's wife. She seemed to be very up. Both Anderson's are. I listened to their speeches and Tucker brought enthusiasm and verve. Van brought out logic and forth rightness. Defeating Chet Edwards is the goal. The thinking is that Edwards is can be beat because he polled only 51% in 2004. Arlene, the Republican, split the Republican Party. Not her fault, I think, just bad vibes. These two candidates are very close in philosophy. They both are committed to cutting both pork and the percentage of money we spend on government. Van is in favor of saving Social Security as a government program. I cannot agree with him. Tucker seems to have a good idea for cutting down on the illegal immigrants. He wants the ones who come in legally to post a bond. Such a simple idea, but very clever as well. If the person who comes in on a visa stays past the time of the visa, then the bond is used to fund finding them. Now if one or the other would crack down on companies that hire illegal aliens, I would be more for it. Stupid idea to interdict the border. Cut down on demand and you have fewer coming across the border.

I barely got to the station in time for my 2-4pm show. I played some of my favorite classic rock. Here's the playlist:
Artist or Band[Song]
Edgar Winter Group[Frankenstein]
Hall&Oates[Private Eyes]
Beach Boys[Good Vibrations]
Aerosmith[Dude (Looked Like a Lady)]
Paul Simon[50 Ways to Leave Your Lover]
Chicago[Stay the Night]
Sammy Hagar[I Can't Drive 55]
Styx[Come Sail Away]
Starship[We Built This City]
Mr. Mister[Kyrie]
Sting[Every Breath You Take]
Van Halen[Why Can't This Be Love]
Emerson, Lake and Powell[Touch and Go]
Rod Stewart[Forever Young]
Starship[Nothing's Going to Stop Us Now]
Mr. Mister[Broken Wings]
Van Halen[Dreams]
Phil Collins[You Can't Hurry Love]
Paul Simon[You Can Call Me Al]
Peter Gabriel[In Your Eyes]
The Moody Blues[Your Wildest Drems]
The Doors[Light My Fire]
The Beach Boys[I Get Around]

I came home and finished up the script. Then I walked over to the University to download Progressive Radio for play tomorrow. I had problems with their site earlier today and their webmaster had to intervene so I could download the file for tomorrow. I hope that doesn't happen again.

Now it's almost time to go up and do my show. I need a half hour to get there. It's always good to be half an hour early for a show. I'll cut up the script tomorrow and see whether anyone has commented this time. I don't know what I am going to do if I can't get an audience that's computer literate. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home