Master CraftsMon

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tuesday Seemed to Rocket By

Tuesdays are Kiwanis Days. I devote most of the day to getting things done for Kiwanis. Being Secretary means that there are one hundered and one things that have to get done. I'm still not sure whether the dues have all been paid. That's always a problem with service clubs.

The program today was Randy Sims, County Commisioner. He talked mostly about roads. Most of the members were up on that topic. It went right over me. The new convention center came up. The price of steel has gone up, so the new convention center had to be scaled back. They saved $2M in the cost of moving dirt by moving the building about 200 yards. Yes, understood right, it was going to cost $2M to do cut and fill of soil. By moving the convention center 200 yards they eliminated that cost. The property they have for the convention center is bigger than they need. This is good, because the convention center will grow. The new convention center will seat about 2000 people. We've been needing this thing for years, but the in-fighting has been vicious. College Station/Bryan is halfway between Waco, Austin and Houston. It is a good idea to have a convention here, but... we have not had a place for medium scale conventions before now. God knows when this place will be built. They say soon, but they have said that before.

I went over and had lunch at Sbisa. They had okra and flour gravy plus fried chicken. It was great. I eat there occasionally to have a large salad.

The only major accomplishment for today was to move my basket and fenders from my old bike to my new one. I know, not a big deal, but my life is boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home