Master CraftsMon

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Monday Rocketed By and Now it is the Morning of Tuesday

I spent all of Monday morning getting ready to do Master CraftsMon. I tried to finish up the script and could not. I got the idea of using songs I had heard as a starting point for a monologue. I thought of three or four of them and went on with the script.

I kept checking Progressive Radio to see whether they had updated their web site, so I could download the interview for airing on Tuesday, today. Almost exactly at 11:30am the file came available. I doenloaded the file and decided to do a graphic for the jewel case. For some reason someone up at KEOS brought by all these empty jewel cases for CD's. I snagged a bunch of them for this purpose. There was no time before I had to go up to the station, so I put it off, like way too many things in my life.

Normally I do a small script for my Afternoon Musica where I fill in the temperature and make some silly comments here and there as I play the classic rock. This time I had no time or rather I forgot to do it. So I got to the station and there was this crate of vinyl setting in a chair. I set up a table and started pulling albums out of it. I recognized quite a few of them in the box and started setting them aside for paly at 2pm. What I did not realize was that they were all R&B. Ah, well, that is the way it goes. I told the audience that the first track from Benny Goodman was paleo-rock. The playlist for Monday, December 12, 2005 was:
Artist or Band[Song]
Benny Goodman[Sing, Sing, Sing (with a String)]
Sade[Smooth Operator]
The Destiny[Things I Do for You]
Stevie Wonder[Superstition]
Bobby Brown[Roni]
Donny Hathaway[For All We Know]
The Brothers Johnson[Stomp!]
Prince[Automatic]
Tower of Power[Maybe It'll Rub Off]
Bill Withers&'Justments[Heartbreak Road]
Commodores[Three Times a Lady]
Urban Dance Squad[The Devil]
Beach Boys[I Get Around]
UB40[If It Happens Again]
Chic[Dance, Dance, Dance]
Detective[Competition]
Earth, Wind and Fire[Sun Goddess]
Exile[Don't Do It]
The 5th Dimension[Up, Up and Away]
Lee ritnour[Night Rhythms]
Leon Haywood[I Want'a Do Something Freaky To You]

The show ended. I sorted all the R&B vinyl in the crate by alphabetical order and put all the albums back in it.

I checked for Gary Portnoy in the library and no luck.

I pulled the songs that I was going to use on Master CraftsMon and stuck them in my box.

The woman who does the show at 6pm called and said she was stuck in Elgin with a sick animal. She wanted me to tell her producer to go on without her by interviewing the guests who were to arrive.

5pm came and I ran on. Going home was interesting because the temperature was not that low.

I still had not completed the script for Master CraftsMon. I wove in all the songs and made comments on them and finsihed up about 9:30pm. I needed to leave at 10pm to get there at 10:30pm in time to set up. Transition between programs is tough. I started my printer with the 20 pages of script and went on. I had thought to create the cover for the Progressive Radio jewel case, but no such luck.

When I got to the station, I had a hassle finding Neil Diamond's America. It's on a vinyl album for the Jazz Singer soundtrack. It took forever to find it, but I did.

The woman finally cleared out and I went on the air. The music helped a LOT. It gave me time to move around and do stuff. Without production staff, it's just me. recorded the program on my digital recorder. I have no idea how good the quality it. We shall see in a bit. The songs I played were:

Artist or Band[Song]
Neil Diamond[America]
Davie Paton[Bonny Blue Bonnets]
Pierce Pettis[A Mountaineer Is Always Free]
Ray Herndon[Livin' The Dream]
Dar Williams[The Christians and The Pagans]
Asylum Street Spankers[Baby, It's Cold Outside]
D'Goya[I Go To Bed]

After each song, I tried to make it clear what the song meant to me and how it affacted the present. I shall post the scripts for Master CraftsMon for this week and last today, I think. You can see what I mean.

When I finished up the program about 1am (I was surprised that it was the top of the hour), I put everything away, shut down the lights and left. When I got home, I created the jewel case cover for the Progressive Radio program. I just downloaded Al Franken's new books' cover and went on. I printed it out in color. It looks okay, but not as good as on glossy paper. I'll have to wok on that.

This morning, Tuesday, I went over and burned the CD for Progressive Radio. I also off loaded some audio files that are taking up space. When I get back from Kiwanis, I have to get ready for the Kiwani Board meeting at 5:30pm today. I do not know whether anyone will attend. We shall see.

Time to get ready for Kiwanis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home