Master CraftsMon

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Week Goes by and still No One has Said Anything

Oh, well, I have been bad. I have not updated this thing at all.

Friday, December 30, 2005 came and I went up to the station. This was another case of working from 8:30am-7:30pm. It wasn't too bad. The Morning Air segment went rather well. The Blues and Jazz were particularly good. The playlist for Morning Air on Friday was:
Artist or Band[Song]Name of CD
Justin Lawrence Lockman[Foggy Bottom]Origins
Mike Caruba[Suite B Minor]Renaissance
Billy and DeDe Pierce[The Peanut Vender]Gulf Coast Blues
Kenny Garrett[Ain't Nothing But the Blues]Happy People
Carmen Mcrae[Sunday]Dream of Life
Eastwood[Misty]After Hours
Bob James Trio[Night Crawler]Straight Up
Kimberley "KC" Allison[Between the Dots]Beyond Blue
Don Rich[I'm Asking Forgiveness]Come Back to Me
Kelly Doze[Dreamin']Kelly Doze
Michael B. Sutton[Lovers Seranade]Hopeless Romantic
Big Momma Thornton[My Heavy Load]In Europe
Pappa Joe Grappa[Altar Boy Blues]Too White to Sing the Blues
Jimmie Dale Court[The Light Don't Shine Forever]Jimmie's Texas Blues
David Holt w/Sam Bush&Doc[Top of World]Let It Slide
Michael Austin[The Juggler]Think'n'Thin
Louis Armstrong[Tin Roof Blues]Putmayo Presents: New Orleans
Tom Hormel[Night Bord]Carribean Nights
East Side[Signals of Change]Samples of Creating
Guy Forsyth[Beautiful Mistake]Love Songs: For and Against
Bob Kindler[Tiger's Paw]World Visions: The Rhythms
Ponty Bone[She's Fine]Dig Us on the Road Somewhere
Bonny James[Seduction]Bright Moments '95

During lunch I had some sandwiches and reviewed some music.

During Open Air Live, I was able to find some good music. One of the Burmese pieces was kind of interesting. A guy called up and said maybe I should play it backwards. The playlist for Open Air Live was:
Artist or Band[Song]Name of CD
Joanne Shenandoah[Peace and Power]Prayer for Peace
Donna Summer[Dreamcatcher]Naturally Native
Tzo'kam[Gathering Song]Heartbeat 2
Robert Mirabel[The Dance]Many Blessings
Tom Mauchanty-Ware[Circle of Life]Tribal Winds: Music from Native American Flutes
Robert Mirabel[Rainsong]Native American Currents
Primeaux and Mike[Healing Song:Walking in Prayer]Native Wisdom: World Music of the Spirit
Andrew Vasquez[Wind River]A Native American Odyssey: Inuit and Inca
Micki Pratt[Cheyenne]Under the Green Corn Moon
Quiltman[Oglala]Tribal Voices:Music from Native Americans
River[Silent Moon]Pacific Moon Sampler
Prof. Xu Pingxin[]
Koomiy[Full Moon]Mongolia
Long Khong[On the Mekong]The Music of Laos
Fine Arts Department Ensemble[Sathukan]Thailand
No Name Given[The Five "Drums of Thunder"]The Music of Viet-Nam
No Name Given[Pii Koon Vook]Bamboo on the Mountain
Te Vaka[Holon Olohega]Putumayo Presents: South Pacific Islands Guitar
Ozzie Kotani[My Old Guitar]Hawaiia Slack Key Masters
No Name Given[In Praise of Burmese Harp]Magagita: Harp and Vocal Music of Burma
Zein Al-Jundi[When She Appeared with a Sing in Her Walk]Zein Al-Jundi: Traditional Songs of Syria
Novayr Davtyan[Janoy]Armenia Anthology
Artana Village[Alilo]Georgia
Savina Yanatou[With the Moon I'm Walking]Terra Nostra
Yiliz Ilbarinova[The Contest]Thracean Rhapsody II: The Wedding
Yuri Yunakov Ensemble[Albanian Elegy]Roma Variations
No Name Given[The Orient is Red]The Gypsy Road: A Musical Migration from India to Spain

I finished up the day without much happening. I did the Ops and the time passed. I was oh so happy when 7pm came about.

On Saturday, December 31, 2005, I messed around. I did my wash, This was a major undertaking. Three washers and three driers. One of the driers took my money. I called it in and the machine company promised to get it fixed AND send me the dollar back. I was happy about that. Last time they refused.

In the afternoon, I looked in my old computer from 2000 for a file that contained the list of autographs my father had gotten in the late 1950's and early 1960's. The computer had three drives because at the time I got it, a 1G drive was too big for the operating system. Anyway. I finally found it and did the transfer by saving the file to a 3 ½" floppy. I put the old computer away in the closet and booted up my "new" one. I realized at that point that the file was on my disk, but not where I expected it to be. All that work was a waste of time.

What an exciting New Years Eve.

Sunday, January 1, 2006, I did the script for the Master CraftsMon. I hit upon the idea of playing some music and using the song to make political points, mostly about marriage. It took forever to write. Along the way, I wrote a short story to be associated with How I Spent My Summer Vacation... No, Really, That's What Happened, the second book of the Dark Prince series. Man, I could not get all of it written.

Monday, January 2, 2006. I arose early and continued working on the script. About 12:30pm, I went up to the station and started getting ready for Afternoon Musica. John Chappell showed up around 12:30pm and I had him pull some vinyl for the program. I cued up the cassettes and got ready to play them. John came in and I had him take over cuing the cassettes. The problem with cassettes is that they have their tracks separated by blanks, but you have to forward space them and backward space them to find the songs you want. The show started and John did a pretty good job. I do not have the play list for that day. Waste of time I think. At 4pm, I discovered that I had not checked the satellite and we started out wrong. I rushed to the back and got it fixed. I mean, the satellite was tuned to B78.0 and was supposed to be on B73.4. When we finished up at 5pm, John said that he wanted to take over Mondays and Fridays and do Thursdays. Well, he was welcome to them. All he has to do is get through the Management Team meeting and be approved for on-air status and he can do so.

I rode home and got ready for Master CraftsMon. I put in some more songs from Stan Swiniarski. At the end I used a Gretchen Peters song I liked. It was pretty good.

At 10pm, I rode back to the station. The woman before me was not ready to turn the Board over to me. It took her ten minutes to clear out. I thought it was kind of funny, because it didn't matter. No one is listening to my show, so however long it is, well, that's how long it is. The script goes a certain length and poof! that's it.

The show went really well, because I could get a break to think between songs. The script flowed well. I was happy with the program.

It was cold going home. I put on my welder gloves.

Tuesday, January 3, 2006. I read all morning. At Kiwanis, we had the American Cancer Society speak. Cancer is receding as the number one killer.

Wednesday, January 4, 2006. The day began too early. I went over to the station for Music in the Morning. The Celtic music was okay. I was able to find some pretty good compilations. The playlist was:
Artist or Band[Song]Name of CD
Gordon Walker[Dr. MacInnes's Fancy]World Masters of Piping
John McLean Allan[Star of County Down]Stand Easy
Flogging Molly[The Seven Deadly Sins]Within a Mile of Home
The Muses[Mingulay Boat Song]Trams&Hawkers
Serios Kitchen[Bowland Bridge]Tig
Cherish the Ladies[Boggie Bonie Belle]Woman of the House
Bonnie Carol[Skyeboat Song]Laughing Willow
The Baltimore Consort[Our Father, God Celestial]Celtic Spirit
Niamh Parsons[Fear a Bhata]Gaelic Voices
John McCusker[The Big Man]Celtic Compass
Gile Mear[Relativity]Joyful Noise, Celtic Favorites
Noel McLoughlin[Carrickferges]Celtic Mystery
Old Blind Dogs[The Birkin' Tree]Celtic Tides: A Musical Odyssey
William Coulter[Elnin]Celtic Legacy
Maire Breathach[Bran]Music for the Rest of Us
Mike Hanrahan[Someone Like You]Celtic Heart: Tales of True Love
The Rankins[O Tha Mo Dhuil Ruit]The Colors of Cape Breton
Fionna Joyce[This Eden]Celtic Spirit: Tales of the Soul
Bonnie Carol[Southwing]Fingerdances for Dulicmer
Whistlebinkies[Brown Haired Alan]Celtic Divas
Alyth McCormack[mihoro's na horo eile]The Captain's Collection
Buttons&Bows[The Exile's Return]Celtic Aura
The Hen's March[The Iron Horse]Celtic Connections: The Album
Bruce Abrams[Lagan Love]Celtic Dawn: The Tales of the Age
Ann Heymann[The Hawk of Ballyshannon]Celtic Treasure: The Legacy of Turlough

I made a big deal on my show, Master CraftsMon, about the shelf in the back with all the albums that have been there for over a year. Well, today, all the old albums were gone. The shelf was swept clean. I assume the music director was insensed or something. No telling.

I finished up and went over to buy some sandwiches at Albertsons. When I got home, I ate them and took a nap. At about 6:30pm, I rode up to the station for the Management Team meeting. I wanted to know whether John Chappell would be granted on-air status. I also wanted to know what to do about Weather Notebook. Well, the word was that I should stop worrying about the Weather Notebook. So I did. They should replace it with something. God knows when that will happen.

The Management Team meeting took forever. The Spring Fund drive was discussed. The new web site is up. No telling how good it is. I left before John was to be tested during the Executive Session.

Thursday, January 5, 2006. I do not know what I did. Nothing really, I suppose. I worked on my book and kind of lazed around. John Chappell got back to me and said that he would take Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from me. He's welcome to them.
At 3pm, I went over to the station and got ready for the 4-5pm Ops shift. It wasn't too bad. Nothing strange happened and I got a couple of CD's reviewed.

Friday, January 6, 2006. Talk about excitement. You have no idea how exciting that Friday was. I... did... my... wash. Three washers and three driers. One of the driers ate my dollar. I got the company that runs them to send the money back. They didn't do that the last time.

Saturday, January 7, 2006. I could not get up any energy to do much of anything. At 4pm, I rode up to the station and did the 5-6pm Ops slot and set up World Café to record. I don't know where the time went. Saturday night I finally broke down and went up to the computer center and ran a LONG job for a guy in Finance. The transfer of the data to a CD-RW took forever. I discovered that there was an error in the labeling. I'm going to have to discuss it with the guy. We'll see.

Sunday, January 8, 2006. I should have been writing the script for Master CraftsMon. Instead, I have been avoiding work. I had a huge lunch and read a lot of blogs. I finished up two short stories associated with the Dark Prince series.

I really should post the scripts for all the Master CraftsMon shows, but it seems so hopeless. Ah, well, we shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home